- US Global Change Research Program
- Earth Portal. Supported by the Environmental Information Coalition and the National Council for Science and the Environment
- Wikipedia Environment Portal: including Climate Change | Global Warming
- World Resources Institute. Earth Trends, The Environmental Information Portal
- Get overview of topic by consulting encyclopedias and other reference works (including Wikipedia)
- Check for a survey of recent research in Annual Review of Environment and Resources
- Identify search terms, e.g., "Environmental Policy", "Environmental Degradation", "Environmental Protection", "Enviromental Quality", "Science and State", "Scientists--Political Activity"
- Then search Google Scholar, xSearch, article indexes and SearchWorks (for more books). Display full records from relevant items to find more search terms and develop your search strategy
- Review the notes and bibliography of articles and books that you have already discovered
book purchase requests to: rawlingsatstanford.edu
IGO & NGO search
Intergovernmental and Non-governmental Organizations Search: Guide to Government Publications Series. [Stanford, Calif.]: Stanford University Library and Information Services, Jonsson Library of Government Documents
Environment & Energy News environmental and energy policy
Preserving Natural Capital: software that factors the value of natural systems into land-use decisions.
Stanford Humanities Scholars Shed New Light on the Past, Present, and Future of Environmental Change
commercialization of emerging technologies: Lux Research, Alternative Fuels, Bio-Based Materials, Water, Solar Systems, Solar Components, Smart Grrid and Storage, Electric Vehicles, Advanced Materials, Printed and Flexible Electronics, Energy Electronics, Efficient Building Systems, Sustainable Building Materials, Formulation & DeliveryServices