Related guides etc.
Cuturomics ; "Quantitative Analysis of Culture Using Millions of Digitized Books"
The parallel library
Popular Culture and Philosophy (the series)
Check out the entire series in Searchworks
= internet resource requiring Stanford IP address; = external link | Connecting through Stanford's authenticated proxy
All recent Kluwer/Springer books should be available online; search Socrates for paper and digital copies. Info about the Tanner Philosophy Library.
JOURNAL BACKSETS in JSTOR
- Encyclopedia of Philosophy (2nd ed., Macmillan Reference USA, c2005-)
- MIT Encyclopedia of the Cognitive Sciences (2001)
- Oxford Companion to Philosophy (1995)
- Routledge Encyclopedia of Philosophy (1998-)
- Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy
- Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy
- Cambridge histories of philosophy
MODERN CRITICAL EDITIONS via Past Masters* (some Philosophers in the Past Masters Collection do not have individulal entries in the opening pull-down menu because they are included in the collection British Philosophers 1600-1900). Recently added: Foucault Oeuvres.
There are many other digital texts in:
- Early English Books Online Reproduces works listed in Pollard & Redgrave's Short-title catalogue (1475-1640), Wing's Short title catalogue (1641-1700)
- ECCO: Eighteenth Century Collections Online
- Le Corpus des oeuvres de philosophie en langue française
- Voltaire électronique
- The Montaigne Project
- Collected Work of Patrick Suppes
- Google Book Search
- other etexts on the Internet
Publishing and Cost
Between 1995 and 2005 the average subscription cost to SUL of philosophy journals increased 129% and this rate of price-increase continues.
Growth of Philosophy Journal Articles: Articles abstracted in Philosophers Index