Updated for Fall 2012.
Swain Library News
Lib Talk & Search Demos
RefWorks is an online citation manager that is free for all Stanford affiliates to use. John Bickar at Stanford's Cubberley Education Library has created some flash tutorials on RefWorks explaining its features and use.
- Creating a Free RefWorks Account (2:26, 3.4MB)
- Exporting Records from ERIC to RefWorks (3:37, 5.1MB)
- Exporting Records from Socrates to RefWorks (2:43, 4.2MB)
- Managing and Editing Records within RefWorks (2:33, 3.9MB)
- Creating a Bibliography (0:58, 944KB)
- Using the Write-N-Cite Plugin (4:11, 3.9MB)
- Troubleshooting the RefWorks Write-N-Cite Plugin on Mac OS X
To see quick reference guide, online help, and online tutorials created by RefWorks, go to the Databases page, view box on right side about Reference Managers, and click on Info button next to RefWorks.
Featured Online Resource
Clues to Unraveling the Mysteries of DNA to RNA Transcription
Biomedicine has captured the public spotlight as research in
areas such as genomics and stem cell research have made groundbreaking
advancements in science. Using SciFinder, we explore information about
the revolutionary research conducted on DNA to RNA transcription by Dr. Roger Kornberg and
learn how this led to the unraveling of the genetic information flow.
For more information, visit www.cas.org. YouTube URL for this video.
Feedback About Guide
Chem & Chem Eng Libn
Swain Chemistry and Chemical Engineering Library
News From Leading Research Universities