Database Guide: Lux Research
How to Access
When to Use
- To find market research reports and analysts' articles on emerging technologies such as alternative fuels, big data, digital health, and more
- To identify companies worldwide operating in emerging technologies markets
- Learn about science-driven technologies, business models, and competitiveness of companies in global growing markets
- On Companies page, click Lux Search Templates box at top right to view/select pre-screened companies' sets
- When selecting filters on Companies, Markets, or Technologies page, slide the bar to the right to view all available filters
- On Companies page, in results table, hover mouse over green box with scorecard metric number to view a short explanation for a specific score
Content Coverage & Description
Lux Research offers in-depth reports on global emerging technologies markets. Its coverage also includes analysts' analyses of over 6,000 companies worldwide, mostly private, developing and implementing science-driven innovation technologies, as well as the recordings of webinars held by Lux analysts.
How to Search
Lux Research offers user-friendly interface to perform searches.
- From the top menu select your search category: Companies, Technologies, or Markets.
- At top of each category page, select filters and / or enter search terms in Keywords box. For multiple selections, hold down Ctrl or Shift key.
– Results in the table below dynamically update as you add criteria
- Optionally, modify results display by clicking the Show/hide columns button above results on right.
- To export results' table to Excel, click the Download CSV button above results on right.
- Click Reset Filters button at top right to start a new search.
- Scorecard section on any individual company's page offers analysis of the company's performance on a sliding scale by main business criteria. Hover mouse over green scale to view the scores definitions.
- The Compare to Competitors link at top right on any individual company's page, opens a side-by-side table comparing the company of interest with its competitors on business model, scorecard, and key metrics parameters
TECHNOLOGIES and MARKETS PAGES
- Research type Report represents a structured, comprehensive research on technology or market. Report is build as PowerPoint slides. All slides are editable in PowerPoint.
- The links at top right on any individual report page, offer viewing and downloading options, including saving report as a PDF document, or by selecting the Download briefcase link, saving all slides as individual PowerPoint files.
- Research type Webinar offers a full list of past and upcoming webinars in the area of interest. Uses can sign up for upcoming webinars or by selecting links at top of a past webinar page, watch or listen to a webinar, or view/download contents as a PDF document or as slides.
- Graphical presentation of companies' profitability in selected industry sector based on different business parameters
- Each circle in the chart represents a company. By hovering mouse over a circle, gain quick access to a company's snapshot.