Current Status of Library Services
Remote Access to Research Databases
Most of our resources are available to current Stanford faculty, students, and staff online from any location.
Remote Access to In-Library Databases
The following options exist for the few databases that were only accessible on terminals within the Bass Center.
- Trader's Pit Computers
- Reserve time to remotely access the Trader's Pit computers to access Datastream, SDC Platinum, Thomson ONE, Investext, and Eikon (a new trial financial terminal from Refinitiv).
- Remote access to Bloomberg Terminals in Disaster Recovery (DR) mode is available.
- If you are a GSB faculty member or Ph.D. student who needs to conduct a lengthy Bloomberg research project, please contact us or fill out our Data Inquiry Form so we can discuss your Bloomberg research needs directly.
- Alternatives to In-Library Databases
- Many commonly requested data points are available in other sources that are easy to access remotely.
Quick Links to Library eResources
- Databases & Datasets
- The National Emergency Library by the Internet Archive provides free eBooks during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- HathiTrust Digital Library - While Stanford courses are being conducted online, Stanford users have expanded access to the digital materials held by HathiTrust that correspond to physical books in Stanford Libraries collection. To access, click the Log in button in the upper right; then select Stanford University.
- eJournals (includes scholarly and trade journals, magazines, and newspapers)
- How to access an article in Stanford's libraries resources.
- Use Flipster to read popular magazines (Fortune, Bloomberg Businessweek, Atlantic, etc.).
- Get news online from sources like the WSJ and Economist
Additional GSB Resources
- Last Updated: Sep 21, 2020 8:32 AM
- URL: https://libguides.stanford.edu/library-status
- Print Page