Database Guide: Claritas 360: Overview
How to Access
Content Coverage & Description
Claritas Segmentation & Market Solutions is a platform that lets marketers and advertisers analyze markets based on comprehensive Nielsen's consumers’ profiles and identify target consumer groups for their products and services.
- PRIZM Premier Segment Description for short description of 68 Nielsen geodemographic segments
- PRIZM Premier Segment Narrative for in-depth explanation of each geodemographic segment with examples of lifestyle characteristics along with explanation of methodology and interpretation of results.
For other help topics, login to Claritas 360, then click the Help icon in top right corner, select Online Help > Reports > Standard Reports or Segmentation Reports, then select a type of report.
How to Search
Create reports using customizable reports' templates.
Click Reports.That will take you to reports page where you can select Standard Reports or Segmentation Reports.
Other navigation: click the arrow on left to open left navigation panel, click Reports.
- Choose either Standard (demographic) or Segmentation reports.
- Expand the category of interest and select a report type.
- Select variables and output format. Use the following tips:
- Optionally, customize Report Name. For standard (demographic) reports, may add a chart and/or a map to the output
- Select geographic areas by any or a combination of any number of geographic segments from available options, e.g. Country, States, Counties, or DMA
- In Select the level of detail, keep the default As Selected. That will give you a detailed breakdown of data for each of your selected geographies.
- For analysis in narrative format, as opposed to detailed tables, select Pop-Facts Executive Summary report
- In Segmentation Reports,
- First click PRIZM Premier as a segmentation system
- When selecting consumer profiles, use keyword search to find consumers' characteristics. For example, if you do research on wine, enter wine in Search box in Profile Tree window and click Search. That will retrieve all behavioral patterns pertinent to wine.
- For composition of consumer segment groups, refer to PRIZM Premier Segment Description
- Click Submit when done.
- From the Pop-up dialog box, choose if you want to create another report or go the My Jobs page to view report status. You can always go to My Jobs page by clicking the My Jobs icon in top right corner.
- Save/Print results. All reports are saved and stored on My Jobs page, and you can retrieve reports created up to 72 days ago.
To open a completed report, click the Job ID link. For PDF and Excel files, use the standard methods to save or print reports by selecting an appropriate icon or menu option.
Understanding Index Value In Segmentation Reports
Index is one of the main results figures in Segmentation Reports. Index signifies the likelihood of occurrence for a certain event or characteristic.The base number for Index is 100. Any value above a 100 means the probability is higher, the number less than a 100, shows that the probability is lower.
For example, run the Market Potential Report to evaluate the potential for selling or leasing new cars for $35K+ to population in California and Arkansas [data for 2016]. The index of 68 for Arkansas indicates that the likelihood of selling this type of product in Arkansas is very low; the index of 119 for California shows that people in California are likely to buy/lease $35K+ cars.
For detailed explanation on results interpretation in Segmentation Reports, Click Help icon in top right corner. Select Online Help > Reports > Segmentation Reports > select report type and then click … Interpretations and Calculations link at the bottom on right.