To retrieve time series data, follow these steps:
Step 1: In Data Category window, select category from the list.
Step 2: In Analysis window, for historical time series choose the following:
- For single series, e.g. one company or one index etc., Single Series – Data > Time Series Data
- For multiple series, e.g. several companies or several indexes etc., Multiple Series/Flexible Chart > Time Series Data
Step 3: In Navigator window, add search criteria by using Navigators:
- Use Find Series Navigator to find specific entities, e.g. a security. Once you select a series, it appears in Name field in Navigator window.
- Use Datatypes Navigator to find specific data elements that apply to your entities, e.g. for stocks, prices. NOTE: If you make no datatype selection, or check the No Datatype box, the default datatype is applied to time series requests. Often it is the closing price.
For more information on using Navigator, see below
Step 4: In Time Period window, choose fixed date ranges or create custom range. Choose currency, if applicable.
Step 5: In Settings window, choose reporting frequency.
Step 6: Click Run Now button and view results in the Output window.
- Click Excel icon on top icon bar or
- Save or download results in Excel, Word, or PowerPoint by selecting Tools > Transfer option from the top menu bar